Direct Deposit Sign up for Ontario Works Recipients
Direct Deposit Information
- Funds are deposited in your account at 12:01 a.m. on the payment due date. Remember Automatic Teller Machines are on day behind
- You will receive a monthly Statement of Direct Deposit.
- Creditors may attempt to recover outstanding debts from funds in your bank account. If you have concerns in this regard, please contact your worker.
Before sending your form, remember:
- Do not use someone else's cheque
- Sign the cheque.
- Attach a cheque specificially marked "void".
Send in or drop off the direct deposit authorization form at one of the locations listed.
Required Bank Information
- Your bank account must have withdrawal privileges.
- Your funds are deposited at 12:01 a.m. on the payment due date - remember Automatic Teller Machines operate one day behind.
- A monthly Statement of Direct Deposit will be mailed to you.
- Creditors may attempt to recover outstanding debts from funds in your bank account. If you have concerns in this regard please contact your worker.
- If you account number changes or if you change banks notify your worker immediately. Do not close your account until your Direct Deposit arrives in your new account.