The Woodlands of Sunset is located right at the border of Welland and Pelham in a quiet and picturesque setting.
Like all of our homes, The Woodlands of Sunset provides:
What makes The Woodlands of Sunset Special?
Features of the Home and Grounds
- Space for 120 individuals, who live in four houses, each with bright sitting areas, an activity room, an attractive dining room, tub/shower room and a resident care station
- Great Hall for social activities, entertainment and visiting
- Sunlight Café and Gift Shop, family and conference room, community hall and chapel
- Hair stylist service for men and women four days a week
- Snoezelen Room for multisensory stimulation
- Onsite Adult Day Service with French language service available
- Easily accessible gardens and patios in a peaceful and tranquil natural setting
- Built in 2004
- Visiting foot care nurse
- Visiting dentist
Activities and Outings
- Activities including movie nights, drum circles, music therapy, potluck luncheons and birthday parties
- Outings to local restaurants, shopping malls, the casino and the race track
- Sight-seeing trips such as Christmas lights, fall colours and spring blossoms
- Partnership with Brock University’s Med Plus program, Bachelor of Science Nursing, Recreation and Leisure Studies programs
- Partnership with Niagara College Personal Support Worker and Registered Practical Nurse, Recreation and Dental Hygiene programs
- Partnership with high school and adult learning for student placements
- Visits from a therapeutic touch volunteer, a book lending service and palliative care volunteers
Come for a Tour
Come for a visit and see if The Woodlands of Sunset is the right choice for you. Friendly staff members are happy to show you around and answer all your questions.
Call 905-892-3845 to arrange for a personal tour.
From Highway 406:
- Take the Regional Road 20/Canboro Road exit
- Continue on Regional Route 20 through town
- Turn left onto Pelham Street
- The Woodlands of Sunset is at 920 Pelham Road
Applying and Admissions
For information about eligibility and admission, call the Community Care Access Centre at 905-684-9441 or 1-800-263-5480.