Niagara Region Environmental Awards 2013
Competition Opens: Friday, February 22, 2013
Nomination Deadline: Thursday, April 4, 2013
Niagara Region is looking for individuals, businesses, community groups, non-profits, youth, schools and families who have made significant contributions to safeguarding Niagara's natural environment.
These awards recognize contributions to environmental conservation in Niagara in the following areas:
- Conserving the existing environment
- Repairing damage done in the past
- Increasing public understanding and awareness
To be eligible, the nominee must have volunteered their time.
- Lifetime Achievement Award honours an individual who has made a substantial contribution to conservation over many years
- Green Non-profit Award recognises a government agency, institution or non-profit organization for its contribution to maintaining a healthy environment
- Green Business Award honours a business for its focus on environmental health of Niagara. This category includes farms and agri-businesses
- Green Family Award recognises a family for outstanding achievement in reducing its environmental footprint
- Volunteer Award recognises for individuals or community groups
- Young People's Award - Elementary Age recognises children aged six - 13 years
- Young People's Award - Secondary Age recognises young people aged 14 - 18 years
Environmental Awards History
Celebrating their 24th anniversary, the Niagara Region Environmental Awards is one of the longest-running Environmental Awards programs hosted by any municipal government in Ontario.
View past recipients of our environmental awards.
For more information, contact Danielle De Fields, 905-685-1571 or toll free 1-800-263-7215.