Niagara Region Bursary Program
The Niagara Region Bursary Program is designed to help students with financial needs cover the cost of college, university or other post-secondary education.
$500 and $250 Bursaries Available
|| Students entering first or second year college or university in a certificate, diploma or degree program
||Students beginning a short-term academic upgrading, apprenticeship, trade or skills-based training program (minimum of four weeks)
In order to qualify for a bursary, you must be:
- 18 - 34 years old by August 31, 2012
- A grade 12 or OSSD graduate or a mature student (a person 18 years of age or older who has been away from formal education for one or more years)
- Entering either your first or second year of post-secondary education, leading to a certificate, diploma or degree, or a short-term academic upgrading, trade or skills-based training program, which is a minimum of four weeks in duration. Individuals with a previously earned post-secondary credential are not eligible.
- A Canadian citizen or legal resident of Canada
- A resident of Niagara
- In financial need as demonstrated by at least one of the following:
- You are receiving social assistance through Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program
- You are receiving assistance with child care costs through Niagara Region Children's Services
- You are on the Rent-Geared-to-Income waiting list for housing through Niagara Regional Housing
- You are a Rent-Geared-to-Income tenant of Niagara Regional Housing
- You are a tenant/member of an affordable housing community in receipt of Rent-Geared-to-Income assistance
The deadline is Friday, August 31, 2012.
All applicants will be notified by Friday, September 28, 2012 if their application for a bursary was successful or not.
Download the 2012 Bursary Application Package
Contact Gail Webster by email
or call 905-984-3688